15.10.08
Lasting Relationships
I liked the idea that our focus should not be quick fixes to problems, but rather to develop lasting relations with those we aim to help. Also, to have perseverance with our goals and not to expect results so quickly. I think it's especially important to not do this with the hope for people to take notice and say wow these sure are some nice guys, I like them. Hopefully people will want to join us as a byproduct of our sincerity, not because of heavy promotion on our part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah, i think that's a real good thought...i would go as far to say it's less even about getting other people involved than about us getting involved ourselves. If other people want to join (and I'm betting they will) then we want to serve them as a resource, not necessarily twist their arm to be a part.
there's no need for us to do this as some sort of publicity stunt or just to try to get people involved...if we ourselves aren't involved and are not sincere, that is something that will become super apparent pretty quick, in my opinion.
I think that is important that we are sensitive to any kind of publicity stunt and/or gimmick.
But on the other hand our ultimate mission is to involve people. It first starts with us. And then secondly I think there is a number of ways we can go about doing this.
I really liked the idea that we had about taking someone's story that we are involved with and create a song around that. I think that is powerful in some many different ways. I sort of have the vision of our next album all being about stories that have impacted us in our lives and the journey that we embark on now.
These are the kind of things that I see in our PUBLICITY phase.
Secondly I think we keep it from being gimmicky by not being preachy from the stage. When we play music, we play music. We want people to find out about our vision through our website. Or through other people or us. I think this happens through conversations that we have with people one on one at show or just in everyday life.
I think these conversations have already began too. And I think this way our story will be so much more important.
Post a Comment